At this moment EUREC brings together 41 research centres, renowned for their expertise in the field of renewable energy, representing the majority of EU Member States. A very large part of ongoing renewable energy research in Europe is taking place at EUREC member organisations.
To ensure that EUREC grows in a controlled way towards a representative association of high quality research centres, a series of criteria for new Members has been defined.
CRITERIA FOR EUREC MEMBERSHIP
- Only single research entities can be accepted, not complete universities
- The research facilities should be visited by a EUREC delegation
- The research group should have at least 10 full-time equivalent research staff active in the field of renewable research
- The research group should demonstrate its stability, such as by having existed in the same form for at least five years, or by having a substantial research capacity and output, as supported by proposing members, and endorsed by the College of Members
- Members are bound by the Articles of Association and the By-laws of EUREC E.E.I.G.
- Members pay a yearly Membership Fee. This fee is decided by the College of Members. Currently it depends upon the size of the Institute (number of full time researchers working in the field of renewable energy).
USEFUL DOCUMENTS TO JOIN EUREC
If you are interested in learning more about EUREC, use the contact form.