The EUREC College of Members #51 was successfully held on 6-7 December 2016 at the premises of Fraunhofer-ISE in Freiburg, Germany.
On the first day EUREC organised a workshop dedicated to Energy System Modelling. In the event EUREC members presented their experience with the topic. A roundtable and discussion followed the presentations. In the afternoon, the participants visited the facilities of Fraunhofer-ISE and in the evening, the EUREC Secretariat celebrated the association’s 25th Anniversary with the membership.
The second day was dedicated to the association’s internal affairs. Amongst the topics, EUREC members confirmed Brussels as the venue for the #52 College of Members on 23-24 May 2017. Also, a Taskforce focused on Energy System Modelling will soon be launched with the initial aims of identifying possible funding mechanisms to be exploited and sharing the current available information and methodologies on energy system modelling. All the members will receive an invitation to join this Taskforce in the coming days.
All related documents and presentations are available below:
- Workshop Agenda
- Intersectoral modelling of energy systems
- Energy System model REMix - scenario modelling at European scale
- Large-Scale Integration of Renewable Energy Sources: Technical and Economic Analysis for te Italian Case
- Optimization Of the electricity System in Germany and Europe by using a high temporal and spatial resolution
- Energy System Modelling Toolbox Friendly Sam
Using agent-based models todevelop transformation knowledge Experiences from the project EnerTransRuhr