5th Central European Biomass Conference18-20 January 2017
The regional use of biomass helps to cut CO2 emissions, the reduction of purchasing power and dependence on fossil fuels; it also creates additional jobs. The Central European Biomass Conference intends to bring all protagonists together from all the sectors where bioenergy is employed regionally and to generate new impetus for the energy transition on the basis of previous experiences and current technological developments.
With more than 1,100 participants from all over the world, the three-yearly Central European Biomass Conference is one of the world‘s leading industrial meetings and the top event for the bioenergy sector in central Europe.
Planned highlights of the 5th Central European Biomass Conference include events organized by the International Energy Agency and the World Bioenergy Association. The 5th Central European Biomass Conference is staying abreast of these developments by focusing its efforts for 2017 particularly on the following aspects:
- Sustainability at regional and national scale and sustainability considerations for different value chains
- Biomass-combustion-based grids and hybrid systems and lowest-emission biomass combustion systems
- Advanced technologies for the realization of a biobased economy
- Policies, markets and consumer attitudes
- Heat and electricity from biomass
- Fuel characterization and quality assurance
The gap between theory and practice is to be bridged by an extensive programme of excursions and an industrial forum. Separate industry days will be dedicated to the fields of biogas and pellets. Sufficient scope for networking will be created by an extensive accompanying programme with social meetings and a matchmaking event.
For further details about the conference, please follow this link