Renewable Energy Future 2018
15-18 May 2018
Hurup Thy, Denmark
The Green Roadmap from Denmark to the World
Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy presents a new activity of the "RE Future”, an initiative that intends to make Danish know-how on the green transition accessible to the entire world. By sharing and exchanging expertise and experiences, Nordic Folkecenter for Renewable Energy wants to contribute to accelerating and improving the transition to sustainable societies and communities around the globe.
Denmark is world leader in renewable energy. Ambitious energy policies, high investments in innovation and a strong grass-root movement have placed Denmark at the top of the world rankings for renewable energy. The energy transition started back in the 70s and has resulted in the world’s highest integration of wind power, high shares of combined heat and power (CHP) plants, a reduction in energy consumption, creation of thousands of jobs, decreased CO2 emissions and many more social benefits.
The national target is now transforming the whole energy system into 100% renewable energy by 2050.
This study tour is designed so that you fully immerse yourself in the Danish renewable energy transition:
- Meet the energy experts, researchers, companies and communities that are making the energy transition happen
- Get to know the history as well as the main topical issues
- Participate in discussions and debates that will path the future
- Find out and experience what you cannot find in the literature
- Expand your network; and improve your ability to make a change in your country and community.
Registration deadline: 8 May 2018