The UNI-SET consortium and the European University Association have the pleasure to invite you to respond to the Call for Contributions for the 4th UNI-SET Energy Clustering Event, hosted by Imperial College London (UK) on 27 and 28 March 2017.
Universities in the Energy Transition:
Focus on Sustainable Transport and Carbon Capture, Storage & Use
The primary objective of the event is to mobilise the European university community within the specific European Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan) priorities of "Sustainable Transport” and "Carbon Capture, Use and Storage”. It offers an opportunity to engage in discussions related to the Horizon 2020 Energy Societal Challenge, SET-Plan and the Energy Union R&I framework, in line with the Roadmap for European Universities in Energy.
The event intends to:
- stimulate discussion among university leaders from different disciplines in order to explore the potential outcomes of innovative and multidisciplinary research and education programmes in terms of top research and development of human resources.
- share and discuss the role of institutional (university-level) initiatives in supporting and developing energy research and education activities.
As a result of the contributions and discussions, a document with guidelines for universities to tackle the challenges related to the two main topics of the event will be produced.
Call for Contributions
You are invited to propose presentations for the conference’s parallel sessions highlighting good practices in university-led research, innovation and education in the following topics:
- Sustainable, renewable and biological fuels
- Electric vehicle and battery technology
- Carbon capturing and utilisation technology
- Subsurface and geology research for CCS
Good practices involving multidisciplinary approaches and experience in university-business partnerships from leaders of energy teams or departments, or at institutional, strategic level are particularly welcome.
You are welcome to submit proposals for contributions through the Call for Contributions. Deadline for submissions is Tuesday, 31 January 2017. For more information, please see the event website.
Registration – Save the Date
Registration to the conference is free of charge and will start in January 2017. Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis within the capacity of the rooms.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com