The HYDROPOWER EUROPE (HPE) project is currently undertaking a consultation process which includes wider online inquiries, expert workshops and a series of regional and Brussels-based events.
The aim is to collect bottom up inputs from hydro-power operators and manufacturers, as well as research and environmental organizations, to define a Research and Innovation Agenda and a Strategic Industry Roadmap for hydro-power in light of the challenges posed by the decarbonization of the energy system.
To this purpose, three regional workshops will be organized between August and September 2019. The workshops will take place in 3 different climatic regions:
- Nordic workshop: Lulea, Sweden – 28-29th August 2019
- Alpine workshop: Lausanne, Switzerland – 11-12th September 2019
- Mediterranean workshop: Chania, Greece – 30th September-1st October 2019
A diverse group of speakers (including hydro-power industry, experts, researchers, EU and national policy-makers) will:
- address specific regional issues of hydro-power for hydro-power development (political, social, environmental aspects, funding needs at national and EU levels);
- foster dialogue with regional stakeholders (where are the difficulties, what are the solutions, etc).
Participants will also have the opportunity to provide inputs on the Research and Innovation Agenda (R&IA) and the Strategic Industry Roadmap (SIR) through topic-group discussions
- Click here, to see the workshops’ agenda and to register to one or more event. Please, not that the participation is free of charge.
- The workshops flyer is available here