EUREC Agency is one of the campaign associates, indicating the full support of the European renewable energy RESEARCH community to the broadest possible promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The future landscape of European energy supply and demand will have to make much greater use of new renewable energy sources and focus more upon energy-efficient methods. Today, we can be proud of the fact that Europe is already a leading advocate in the fight to halt the depletion of natural resources and prevent climate change. Our task is now to persuade both consumers and key decision-makers of the benefits of sustainable energy production and use.
The Sustainable Energy Europe 2005-2008 Campaign is a European Commission initiative in the framework of the Intelligent Energy - Europe (2003-2006) programme, which aims to raise public awareness and promote sustainable energy production and use among individuals and organisations, private companies and public authorities, professional and energy agencies, industry associations and NGOs across Europe.
The official campaign website https://bolletta-energia.it/notizie/sustenergy/ contains information about all aspects of the Sustainable Energy Europe 2005-2008 Campaign, including legislative background, objectives, planned support actions and information on how to join the Campaign. Over the next months, the site will be substantially expanded to include a presentation of the Campaign in the official languages of the European Union, as well as further information, tools and services for main energy actors, media services and the general public (click here for more details).
THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY EUROPE 2005-2008 CAMPAIGN ARE TO
- Raise the awareness of decision-makers at local, regional, national and European level
- Spread best-practice
- Ensure a strong level of public awareness, understanding and support
- Stimulate the necessary trends towards an increase in private investment in sustainable energy technologies
THE SUSTAINABLE ENERGY EUROPE 2005-2008 CAMPAIGN IS SPECIFICALLY TO SUPPORT AND PROMOTE ACTIONS IN THE FOLLOWING NINE MAIN CAMPAIGNING AREAS
- Sustainable Energy Communities - Regions
- Sustainable Energy Communities - Cities
- Sustainable Energy Communities - Islands and Rural Areas
- Sustainable Energy in Communities aiming at 100% RES Supply
- Sustainable Energy in Transport
- Sustainable Energy in Buildings
- Sustainable Energy Lighting Systems and Appliances
- Sustainable Energy Co-operation with Developing Countries
- Sustainable Energy Promotion and Communication